Sunday, November 2, 2008

See Opportunity not recession

This past week I had an opportunity to tour a number of facilities in Oklahoma. I was impressed with the opportunities that they presented. You can see the site for the Oklahoma State University Multispectral Laboratory from my university website. One of my goals is to look in the states close to my home and see if we don't also have some of the dormant capabilities that in our financially difficulty times could use to leverage and generate new jobs. I've also visited a number of factories that don't appear to be working at capacity. My feeling is that we are not in a recession of work as much as we are in a recession of ideas.

Since I travel extensively and have over 2000 industry contacts, I frequently get calls from people I meet that have a product, a new technology or great idea and need someone to help them with the details of how can we commercialize this. They may need a specific partner with a critical technology or a new source of funding.

We need to find all the options, look for new partners and get a positive attitude in moving our companies to a new level instead of watching the waters of debt rise and worrying about the tide.

Take a look at the OSU Multispectral Laboratory and see some of their ideas.

Respectfully,
Steve

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home